Wednesday, August 15, 2007

A "break" in the action

I fractured my right wrist this past Sunday while trying very hard to work on my trail riding skills on my mountain bike.

Mountain biking is not on our triathlon training schedule - but it offers one heck of a great cardio work-out.

Mike W. (fall participant who is crazy-close to hitting his fundraising goal) and I headed out to Sansom Park in Fort Worth, where the local mountain biking association is doing an excellent job of developing a superb trail. It offers plenty of challenge for a novice level rider like me, and technical runs, drops, and climbs for Mike and his ilk.

On our second loop of the morning, I tumbled off the trail and landed hard on my wrist. It's minor and will heal well- you might barely notice the hairline on the big bone.

I'll be off the bike and out of the pool for 4-6 weeks.

No comments: