Sunday, July 26, 2009

Race Report: Cleburne Iron Horse Triathlon – May 31, 2009

This post comes a couple months post-event.

Mike W’s friend since grade school Tom P kicked-off his triathlon career by joining the two of us at Cleburne’s 2nd Annual Iron Horse Triathlon.

Mike_Tom_Jonathan_Cleburne_09 Mike picked up some hardware by placing second in our age group with a time of 1:15:29. The award took the form of a painted railroad spike. The “Iron Horse” is an early 20th century locomotive on display in Cleburne signifying its history as a railroad town.

I’m lucky to race and train with folks generally well above my skill and fitness level. Doing so keeps me striving to get better. Tom proved his triathlon aptitude with a great first first race coming in at 1:23:53.

Finish_Cleburne_09 I ran more like the slow and steady steam powered locomotive! I got there in the end and finished strong but a slow run push my time to 1:29:54.

Cleburne_Results

No comments: